Sunday, at church, Pastor Jim Bricker delivered a message I wanted to pass along. With his permission, these are the highpoints:
Message Title: How to Keep the Crazymakers from Making You Crazy!
Everyone has someone in their life that drives them crazy whether it’s whiners, controllers, complainers, nitpickers, and the list goes on. You get the picture. The Bible admonishes us, “If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone”. Romans 12:18 TNIV
So how can we live peacefully with the crazymakers? What part depends on you?
1. Refuse to be offended (don’t take it personally), instead seek to understand other people’s story. “A man’s wisdom gives him patience; it is to his glory to overlook an offense.” Proverbs 19:11 NIV
2. Choose to forgive them. “Make allowance for each other’s faults, and forgive anyone who offends you. Remember, the Lord forgave you, so you must forgive others.” Colossians 3:13 NLT
3. Avoid gossiping (giving someone information who is not a part of the solution or a part of the problem). Gossiping is a form of retaliation. “Do not do wrong to repay a wrong, and do not insult to repay an insult. But repay with a blessing, because you yourselves were called to do this.” 1Peter 3:9 NCV
4. Resist playing their game (don’t be drawn into their drama). “Just as charcoal and wood keep a fire going, a quarrelsome person keeps an argument going.” Proverbs 26:21 NCV
5. Take the high road. “Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.” Romans 12:21TNIV
“When a man’s ways are pleasing to the Lord, He makes even his enemies live at peace with him.”